Review new IBM® Connections features and functions.
IBM Connections 5.0 includes the following enhancements:
- Community owners can now invite external users (people from outside your organization) to join restricted communities.
- Authorized users can share files with external users.
- When you delete a community, the community and all data that is associated with it are moved to a trash area. You can restore the community, provided it is not purged from trash.
- You can @mention users in every application in IBM Connections.
- Use #hashtags in comments about status updates. Hashtags help other users to find your content.
- In the new Globalization settings page, you can enable bidirectional language support, choose the direction of user-generated text, and set your preferred calendar.
- You can paste or drag-and-drop images into blogs, forums, and wikis.
- When you type a link in a rich text field, it is automatically converted into a clickable URL.
- You can subscribe to Atom feeds from any page in any application.
- If the new Gallery app is enabled, you can preview the first page of a file with the thumbnail and preview pane.
- If enabled, the new grid view lets you view thumbnails in a grid format.
- You can now conduct community surveys to gather information on important issues.
- Any community member can share folders from the Files application with their community by using the Files widget.
- Connections Content Manager (CCM) enhancements include improved anti-virus detection, and multi file upload.
- You can now join a sub-community and its parent in one click.
- The new type ahead feature in the search bar allows you to find people quickly.
- The New (or Next Generation) theme that was introduced as an optional customization in 4.5 CR 1 is now the default theme in 5.0.
For more information about what's new in each application, see .
For information about updates to the IBM Connections mobile app, select the operating system of your mobile device:
What's new in Activities?
What's new in Blogs?
What's new in Bookmarks?
What's new in Communities?
What's new in Files?
What's new in Forums?
What's new in the Home page?
What's new in Profiles?
What's new in Wikis?